Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Two Parrotlet Babies

And then there were two...I think that two of the five eggs are all the babies we will get this time. I may be surprised tomorrow but I don't think so. The first two babies hatched on Friday 23 and Saturday 24 July. It was a wonderful Birthday surprise for me (July 25).
So far Alfred and Lucinda are doing a great job parenting. Parrotlets are huge eaters to begin with but now...woa. I'm delivering the fresh veggies, rice, pasta, soaked whole wheat bread two to three times a day. When Ipeaked into the nest I could see that the crops on the teenie babies are nice and full. So far - so good.

Also today three English budgie pairs got their nest boxes back. They seem to be well bonded and in the mood for baby making-fingers crossed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment