Sunday, November 11, 2012

Separate Clutches

I just have to post a little note here to say that if you come here to find pictures of the English budgies that I have for sale you will find them. You can also look back to much older posts to see the parent birds "Mickey and Mia".  They are both beautiful blues with white faces.
  You will also find pictures of a clutch that I am currently hand feeding that is English/standard cross.  They are from my yellow faced parents-Winston and Winnifred. Winston is a large English budgie -as you can see by his picture and Winnie is a large standard budgie.  The babies are a very nice size and they have a wonderfully sweet temperament.  Three of them have quite a bit of yellow in their faces so I believe after their first moult that colour will intensify. These babies are not hybrids as some may believe.    It's the same thing as poodle sizes-standard, medium, and toy...but all 100% poodle. These are not for sale at the moment but will be in a couple of weeks. All of them are flying as of today...wing clips tomorrow.
 I always do little wing clips on my babies to make transitioning into their new home and family easier. Then when the bird's flight feathers grow back in after a few month's time you can just leave them. Some people chose to  regularly get their bird's wings clipped.  I have no problem with that as it's all about keeping them safe.

















I also have a clutch of four baby lovebirds that I'm hand feeding now -AND-a clutch of five normal green budgies-also hand feeding AND two more of Mickey and Mia's babies-they weren't quite finished having babies for this season (:>}=.  As you may guess I am VERY busy with the feeding thing haha...but I feel very blessed with these babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment