Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Four Little Sweethearts











Well, I'm pleased to say that we have four healthy lovebird babies. Sadly number four out of the five eggs did not make it ;however, number five - even though he/she is much smaller than the others- is doing great!! What a little trooper :o) That's the way it works regarding size. A baby will hatch every second day. Given that they grow soooooooo fast a six day old baby can be much bigger than a two day old baby. I was surprised and delighted to find number five chick to not only to have survived but be a feisty little guy - doing great. I haven't intruded with my camera today but I did get some shots a few days ago. M(mommy) and D(daddy) are doing a wonderful job. It is a huge job and very tiring. They both work together to keep all the little mouths well fed. Mom does most of the sitting and dad eats and eats and eats and then goes into the nest and regurgitates it to feed wife and kids. He does this all day long.




I'm keeping their food dishes well stocked with veggies, rice, eggs, pasta and sprouted seed and legumes. It really is worth it to feed the healthy diet. it keeps the parents and babies strong.




Next week I'll start hand feeding these little sweeties.

No comments:

Post a Comment