Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Meyers - Peanut and Polly





















Meyers belong to the Poicephalus species. This species also includes the Senegal Parrot which is similar to the Meyers but not as laid back. ( I also aquired a Senegal pair on the same day. ) These guys are known to have moderate talking ability. They are aprroximatley 8 1/2 inches long.









I've had these little sweeties since New Year's Eve. We drove three and a half hours each way to get them. It was worth it. They were sold to me as a breeding pair so imagine my surprise when I was transferring the male into his big cage here when I hear "Hello"! I call the male Peanut as he loves to take peanuts in the shell from my hand.









Both the male and female are very gentle souls. She is not tame but very calm and even tempered. I sooooooooo hope that they give us some little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment